We can take a limited role by reviewing all ACC invoices prior to payment or act as your agent for all ACC related matters. The advantages to you include:
- Absolute minimisation of your premiums.
- Selection of the most appropriate cover type.
- Application of the current classification rates.
- Use of correct liable earnings information.
- Accuracy of invoices, particularly where there has been a change to the business structure.
Survival in today's business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in the business.
We can provide you with accurate, timely and informative benchmarking reports - allowing you to:
- See how your business compares against your competitors
- Understand how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators of your industry
Armed with this information, we'll work with you to develop action strategies to improve your bottom line
BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTING
We can relieve you and your staff of an enormous burden by taking care of all your bookkeeping and accounting needs, including the preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal and planning purposes and the recording and collection of debtors.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide you with tailored information and constructive advice on a regular basis.
BUDGETING AND CASH FLOW FORECASTING
When preparing a budget or cash flow forecast, we can work with you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding as financiers often require forecasts as a prerequisite for funding approval. Cash flow forecasting is a vital part of ensuring that your business will always have the cash it needs, because profits don't pay bills - cash does.
There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements. Let us show you how a budget and a cash flow forecast are able to provide feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
BUSINESS START-UP/DUE DILIGENCE
- Deciding on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- The preparation of a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assessing your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establishing a good working relationship with your bank
- Completing any registration procedures with the Companies Office and Inland Revenue.
- Wages Processing
- Payment and processing of creditors
- Collection and banking of debtors
- Various secretarial tasks
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, including:
- Customised pay slips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, annual leave etc
- IR-Filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
Even if you have only a few employees, you will make savings by engaging us to administer your payroll.
A decent accounting system will help you keep track of your cash flow and give you the option to complete GST Returns easily. There are many different systems available these days and choosing the most appropriate one is not always easy. We can recommend the best accounting solution for your business.
- Registration queries
- Preparation of GST returns
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- IRD audit assistance
- Specialist events involving GST - eg sale or purchase of property
Taxation can be a major cost to your business and we are proud to work in a pro-active manner which keeps your tax to an absolute minimum.
We provide a complete service of help and advice in all of the following areas:
- Preparation of personal & company tax returns and advice on payment of tax
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations
- Advice on and implementation of tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Management of any IRD Audits or disputes
The services we offer our clients include:
- Advice on the purchasing of a property
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We are able to provide for you:
- Forecasts of revenue returns
- Forecasts of financial position
SELLING A BUSINESS
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will also be invaluable.
We are able to:
- Assist with the preparation of the vital documentation involved in Trust formation
- Attend to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Provide a minute keeping service
We also provide trusteeship services through our trustee company Lionel Smith Trustees (2007) Limited.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with the Companies Act 1993.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Smith Mitchell Limited we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing of annual returns on your behalf
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Share transfers
- Registered Office Facility